Saturday, September 20, 2008

A whale of a tail


Get it?
This was the only cool looking sculpture/art thing in Perrysburg at their art fair. In case you are wondering, people in Ohio have the worst taste. I should have taken pictures of all the ugly crap and made fun of it but I really liked the tail and I should focus on the positives, right? It's for sale for $12,000. There was a awful horse sculpture made of hunks of steel and it looked like a high school project, also for sale for $12,000. I should make some shitty art and sell it for far too much money. If I make 5 awful looking horse sculptures, I could make $60,000 with a torch and a couple hours. Actually I'll have to take a picture of another piece because I was embarrassed to even look at it, let alone make it. It is a generic piece of granite with a bunch of hardware in it. I was instantly reminded of the famous "Blue Rock with Chandelier in Wood Box" Circa 1992. Now that was art.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

i think we definitely need to recreate the blue-rocks-and-chandelier piece.

W said...

I say create some sculpture!!!!!!